A manufacturing and test technician is needed to support M4’s growing manufacturing and test capability. This individual will have primary responsibility for supporting a wide range of aerospace programs. Responsibilities may vary from executing test procedures, designing and fabricating test fixtures, composite part manufacturing, and general shop equipment maintenance.
Employer is a rapidly growing small company with excellent advancement potential.
- US Citizen or permanent residents ONLY.
- Two-year technical degree, certification classes or equivalent technician experience with proficiency in mechanical or electrical systems required.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) mechanic license preferred.
- Composite tooling, fabrication, and repair (aerospace composites preferred).
- Experience with operation and maintenance of computer- and manually-controlled laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as
- Common shop tools – drill presses, grinders, saws, welders, etc.
- Test equipment – Load cells, electromechanical and hydraulic actuators, strain gages, accelerometers, pressure sensors, etc.
- CNC machine tools
- Ability to interpret manufacturing drawings and execute test procedures.
- Experience with data acquisition and sensor application (e.g. strain gage, accelerometer) using National Instruments DAQ systems.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems.
- Experience with composite manufacturing and repair preferred.
- A strong track record of safety.
- The ability to work at aerospace-level quality standards.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems, and when they can’t be quickly solved the ability to stick to it and get the job done.
- Good people skills.
- Local candidates preferred
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our manufacturing and test team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing manufacturing and testing tasks for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients. We have a small office with a casual work environment and a flexible schedule. We offer a competitive starting salary based on education and experience, and great benefits.