M4 is looking for an IT generalist to join our team in Long Beach, CA. You’ll wear multiple hats – in a good way – while helping to keep our unique team of aerospace professionals humming along.
You’ll help us handle everything from occasional tier-one phone support to systemwide architectural restructuring. Our IT team is small but agile and as an integral part of it you’ll provide a noticeable positive impact to our engineering operations and overall business on a daily basis. Plus, with a variety of IT systems under our purview you can be sure that no two days will be exactly alike!
You might have a good foundation for success if you possess one or more of the following:
- Undergraduate degree in IT, CIS, CS, or similar field
- Three years or more of recent professional experience as an IT generalist or IT specialist
Successful candidates must also have:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- The technical chops needed to diagnose and debug complex IT-related problems
- Solid planning, recordkeeping, reporting, and task prioritization skills
- US citizenship or permanent resident status
These items are a big plus:
- Experience deploying and managing software licensing systems (FlexLM, FlexNet Publisher, RLM, etc.) in node-locked and networked configurations
- Scripting and/or programming skills to help automate manual tasks
- Web development and administration experience, especially using WordPress CMS
- ITIL 4, MCSE, or similar certification
You’ll be involved in multiple IT functional areas including system design, systems and network administration, performance analysis and troubleshooting, staffing our helpdesk, and general IT support. You’ll be required to:
- Configure and maintain a heterogeneous mix of Windows and Linux workstations, servers, cloud-based instances, VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines, Docker containers, GPGPU-compute resources, along with our own HPC cluster
- Configure the software and physically install the hardware required to maintain network devices, computing devices, operating systems, and associated services
- Develop plans, schedules, and requirements for the full lifecycle of our IT systems
- Evaluate equipment, components, and software for use in moderately complex information technology systems and solutions, interfacing with vendors as necessary
- Provide troubleshooting services and detail-oriented technical support to users of workstations, laptops, servers, and cloud infrastructure
- Deploy and maintain automated software version control and build infrastructure (think: Travis CI, Jenkins, Buildbot, CruiseControl, TeamCity, Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Provide software licensing technical support to our clients
- Plan, implement, and enforce appropriate security policies and protocols consistent with NIST cybersecurity standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Identify risks and implement mitigation strategies regarding vulnerabilities and defects
- Monitor our NAS arrays, firewalls, and VoIP infrastructure and upgrade them as needed
- Audit our IT systems for security, compliance, and general ITAR/EAR purposes and improve and maintain our CMDB capabilities
M4 will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with physical and mental disabilities but you must be able to speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, bend, and be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 40 pounds including up and down stairs to fulfil this role.
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach, CA. We provide a casual work environment with flexible hours, and we offer a competitive starting salary with health, vision, and dental benefits.
NOTE: Local candidates are preferred, and relocation assistance is unfortunately not available.
Fulltime onsite or hybrid onsite/remote.