Assist in the set up and operation of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electromechanical assemblies for Space, Navy, and/or Aircraft applications. Assemble and test production hardware and their subassemblies using blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and provide feedback against customer test set up and execution
- Strong initiative to keep testing program moving forward
- Clean, assemble and test various valves and filters following written procedures and other appropriate documentation.
- Interpret assembly setup requirements from written procedures and successfully complete assembly.
- Interpret test system schematics and successfully construct test system by obtaining correct system components and fabrication of stainless steel tubing, including cutting, bending and flaring.
- Ability to run National Instrument’s Labview VIs
- Ability to create National Instrument’s Labview VIs base off test plan requirements
- Interpret test setup requirements from written procedures and successfully test component.
- Perform testing using gases (Nitrogen and helium) and water.
- Perform testing at ambient temperatures as well as extreme cold and hot temperatures during thermal testing.
- Read and interpret test data, and record neatly and accurately on appropriate data sheets. Recognize and report any out-of-family conditions or discrepancies.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Maintain assembly and test setups in good working order.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Regularly lift up to 20 lbs and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods of time (such as working at a test bench). Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however at times may be slightly above normal. Personal Safety Equipment (PSE) is available and required when the environment dictates their use. Technicians will be exposed to systems containing high pressure gases and liquids, up to 5,500 psig in most all testing areas.
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach, CA. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering research, design, and analysis for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients.
M4 has a small office with a casual work environment and a flexible schedule. We offer a competitive starting salary and great benefits.