A structural analysis engineer is needed to perform structural analysis for aircraft components. This individual will have primary responsibility for structural analysis tasks throughout the design process. Tasks during preliminary design will include performing material and structural concept trade studies for various structural components. Responsibilities during detailed design will include detailed analysis and documentation of structural integrity for test support and certification. The successful candidate will be proficient performing structural analyses using FEA software, and with conventional hand calculations. This individual will also assist in defining verification methods such as component, system-level and airplane level testing, and participate in that testing. The candidate will present analysis results to both internal and external customers.
- Experience in Structural Analysis: Minimum 1-3 years
- US Citizen or permanent residents ONLY
- Finite Element Analysis Experience required
- Composites and metallic analysis
- ANSYS and/or Nastran preferred
- Structural analysis and requirements checking, including FEA analysis and hand analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Optimization experience a plus
- Material and concept trade studies
- Experience in airplane structural design principles and in coordinating across multiple disciplines to develop design (e.g., Materials, Structures, Aerodynamics) to ensure compliance with all requirements
- Experience with the design of aircraft landing gear systems and hydraulic actuators a plus
- Programming experience in Python, FORTRAN, C/C++, and/or Matlab is a plus
- Local candidates preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach, CA. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering research and analysis for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients.
M4 has a small office with a casual work environment and a flexible schedule. We offer a competitive starting salary and great benefits.