M4 Engineering is a premiere aerospace engineering firm focusing on conventional and unconventional aircraft, rotorcraft, launch vehicles, and other highly engineered systems. As part of our engineering efforts, we use a combination of 3rd party and in house software, and have need of an intern to support development of internal software in Python and C/C++. The successful candidate will be a self starter, pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Depending on project needs and your skills, the job may entail the following types of tasks:
- Work closely with development team of aerospace engineers to define software requirements and architecture
- Develop, implement, and document robust and efficient coding solutions to a variety of challenging engineering analysis problems
- Create and integrate unit tests within software testing framework
- Analyze/troubleshoot problems, present accurate solutions
- Perform software verification and validation
- Programming experience in FORTRAN, C/C++, and/or Python.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with object-oriented programming.
- Experience working in a process-oriented environment with version control systems, software development and analysis tools.
- Ability to compile, debug and analyze code using modern software IDEs and associated tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Experience with aircraft development programs preferred.
- Experience with geometry modeling and graphical user interface (GUI) programming a plus
- On-site work in Long Beach, California required.
- Local candidates preferred.
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach, CA. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering research and analysis for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients.
M4 has a small office with a casual work environment and a flexible schedule. We offer a competitive starting salary and great benefits.