This posting is an onsite opportunity in Shakopee, Minnesota.
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company with offices in Long Beach, CA and Shakopee, MN. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team in Shakopee, MN. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering research and analysis for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients. Paid internship opportunities are available in the areas of:
- Structural analysis
- Structural analysis for aircraft components
- Through various stages of the design process
- Material and concept trade studies
- Structural dynamics including modal and forced response
- Detailed analysis and documentation of structural integrity for test support and certification
- Structural analyses using MSC/NX Nastran, and with conventional hand calculations
- Presentation of results to both internal and external customers
- Multidisciplinary Design Analysis and Optimization (MDAO)
- Develop methods and software tools for multidisciplinary analysis and optimization
- Define interfaces between disciplinary analyses and develop software to perform analyses spanning these interfaces
- Structural/Aerodynamics/Thermal/Propulsion analyses
- Verification and Validation (V&V) analyses to ensure that the resulting software accurately predicts the behavior of example applications
- Engineering software development
- Experience with operation and maintenance of computer- and manually-controlled laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as
- Common shop tools – drill presses, grinders, saws, welders, etc.
- Test equipment – Load cells, electromechanical and hydraulic actuators, strain gages, accelerometers, pressure sensors, etc.
- CNC machine tools
- Experience with data acquisition and sensor applications (e.g. strain gage, accelerometer) using National Instruments DAQ systems.
- US Citizen or permanent residents ONLY
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Programming experience in Python, FORTRAN, C/C++, and/or Matlab is a plus
- This internship is year-round
M4 Engineering is a rapidly growing small company with excellent advancement potential.