A highly skilled and motivated Design Manager is needed to lead and oversee the growth and effectiveness of our design engineering function. As a functional manager, you will play a crucial role in developing a strong team including hiring, performance review, and supporting the professional development of the team. You will work closely with program managers to ensure that they are supplied with design engineers who provide capable support enabling projects to be delivered on time, within budget, and meeting the highest quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering or another related field with a minimum of three (3) years of progressive management experience in an aerospace environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience designing lightweight structures while considering a broad range of requirements including mechanical loading, manufacturability, weight, …
- Experience designing metallic structure and knowledge of metal manufacturing methods
- Experience designing composite structure and knowledge of composite manufacturing methods
- Minimum of 5,000 hours on a relevant CAD software (NX, CATIA, SolidWorks, …)
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive communication
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5 standards
- NX experience preferred
- Teamcenter experience preferred
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Experience with aircraft development programs preferred
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- On-site work in Long Beach, California required
- Local candidates preferred
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering design, research, and analysis for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients. We have a small office with a casual work environment and a flexible schedule. We offer a competitive starting salary based on education and experience, and great benefits.