Uses creativity and the discipline of engineering that applies principles of physics and material science specifically towards the design of a mechanical structure. The designer will design components and/or systems based on a set of requirements and constraints, and oversee the project from concept to production.
- Design mechanical / structural systems and products based on set given and derived requirements
- Perform related analysis (simple FEA) and classical hand calculations to optimize design of product
- Modify designs based on cost and manufacturing capabilities
- Work with structural analysis to verify capabilities of structure before fabrication
- Holds design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback
- Define verification methods such as component, system-level and airplane level testing, and participate in that testing
- Assures system and product quality by confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Prepares manufacturing drawings to ASME Y14.5 standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues
- Record notes, design changes, and test results on ENBs
- Multi-task, be a self starter, work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- Creation and maintenance of a Bill of Materials for one or more projects.
- Ongoing design reviews/brainstorming sessions with engineers/designers working on projects under your control.
- Minimum 3 years mechanical design experience
- ASME Y14.5 standards
- Experience in airplane structural design principles and in coordinating across multiple disciplines to develop design (e.g., Materials, Structures, Aerodynamics) to ensure compliance with all requirements
- CAD experience required (knowledge of NX preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Solidworks a plus
- Experience with the design of aircraft landing gear systems and hydraulic actuators a plus
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach, CA. We are currently seeking a highly organized, enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering research, design, and analysis for Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial clients.
M4 has a small office with a casual work environment and a flexible schedule. We offer a competitive starting salary and great benefits.